The Crappy Boss

May 27, 2010 at 7:53 pm Leave a comment


Just walked out of a great training session with some agents in my office. I left them with a challenge… to find accountability. Why? Because as of yet they don’t have it! As real estate agents many of us get into the business so that we can make our own schedules, go to work when we want and have unlimited income potential and be our own boss. Unfortunately for us, most of us have a crappy boss who doesn’t hold us accountable to the tasks we are supposed to do. Go ahead, admit it; your probably not as tough of a boss as you should be to yourself.

So if your now asking yourself how was my challenge welcomed, the answer would be with uneasy looks.  Accountability can be uncomfortable, its a tough look in the mirror and sometimes we don’t like what we see. If you don’t like what you see one of two things will typically happen. 1) The pain of your discomfort with your actions will force you to meet the goals that you agreed to, or 2) you will decide that “this accountability stuff” doesn’t work anyways and drop it. The latter of the two is where 80% of people fit in; in the other 20% we find our champions.

What I am curious to see is what type of accountability everyone uses. Peer partners? Coach’s? None? And what is the result?

Advertisements

Entry filed under: Accountability.

What is the musings of a social media junkie? 3:38 Seconds and a Star is Born with Social Media

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed



%d bloggers like this: